By Steven H. Voldman
Electrical Overstress (EOS) maintains to affect semiconductor production, semiconductor elements and structures as applied sciences scale from micro- to nano-electronics. This bookteaches the basics of electric overstress and the way to lessen and mitigate EOS mess ups. The textual content presents a transparent photograph of EOS phenomena, EOS origins, EOS assets, EOS physics, EOS failure mechanisms, and EOS on-chip and process design. It offers an illuminating perception into the resources of EOS in production, integration of on-chip, and method point EOS security networks, through examples in particular applied sciences, circuits, and chips. The publication is exclusive in protecting the EOS production concerns from on-chip layout and digital layout automation to factory-level EOS application administration in today’s glossy world.
Look within for wide insurance on:
- Fundamentals of electric overstress, from EOS physics, EOS time scales, secure working quarter (SOA), to actual versions for EOS phenomena
- EOS resources in today’s semiconductor production atmosphere, and EOS application administration, dealing with and EOS auditing processing to prevent EOS failures
- EOS mess ups in either semiconductor units, circuits and system
- Discussion of ways to differentiate among EOS occasions, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) occasions (e.g. akin to human physique version (HBM), charged equipment version (CDM), cable discharge occasions (CDM), charged board occasions (CBE), to procedure point IEC 61000-4-2 try events)
- EOS defense on-chip layout practices and the way they fluctuate from ESD security networks and solutions
- Discussion of EOS procedure point matters in published circuit forums (PCB), and production equipment
- Examples of EOS matters in state of the art electronic, analog and gear applied sciences together with CMOS, LDMOS, and BCD
- EOS layout rule checking (DRC), LVS, and ERC digital layout automation (EDA) and the way it really is detailed from ESD EDA systems
- EOS checking out and qualification recommendations, and
- Practical off-chip ESD security and approach point suggestions to supply extra powerful systems
Electrical Overstress (EOS): units, Circuits and Systems is a continuation of the author’s sequence of books on ESD safeguard. it really is an important reference and an invaluable perception into the problems that confront glossy expertise as we input the nano-electronic era.